Hello all,
If you read this you are probably dying because I am just writing this. Right now I am sitting in my office and it is real quite and peaceful no one is in right now I have watch the sun come up made the phone call to get Conner out of bed and get him going. I tell ya every kid is different but you love them all the same. I have read all the blogs this morning and enjoyed everybodys Mike I am impressed that you did the Grand at 50 I hope I can do something like that when I hit that age. Some days I don't if our family is going to make it. Saturday night Krisit and I went into walmart about 9:00PM we told the kids to hit the sack at 9:30 (they were up till1:00am the night before) We got home at 10:00PM when we opened the front door it felt like a Suana in our home I looked straight back and saw our back door open we took about 10 steps and hit soggy carpet made into the kitchen and saw probably about 1 to 2 inches of water in our kitchen. Kristi made around our hall way and into the laundry room and found cold water. I was standing in bath water. We found the noise and the leak but it was behind the dish washer in the end I ended up near our tankless hot water heater and shutting down the valve to the heater. At this point we realized that we lost our kitchen floor the carpet into the living room, family room and one hallway. We got everybody up expect for maddison and got to work we ended up going to bed at 2am. Spent Sunday morning pulling pad and peeling back carpet it got worse and the day rolled on. By noon I was at some meetings and Kristi called she stated that we lost Maddison room. That night we pulled furniture kitchen stuff beds everything that we thought we could go without and put in a garage that someone offered to us. We have been blessed through the whole ordeal, we get new carpet, people from the ward just came up and offered there help in pulling anything and everything. We have pictures and will post them soon people have helped Kristi put back together the house, right now we have cut carpet kitchen floor gone base boards gone part of cabinets gone the list could go on. Needless to say everything will be okay last night was the first night that we didn't have fans going it was peaceful. If you want to see a tore up house make your way to New Mexico (I am speaking to you JEN!!!!!!!)
Talk to you all soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
yikes that sounds awful. I hate torn up houses. Hope it turns out good can't wait to see pictures
Bring back memories?!!
It Could Happen!
I am so sorry - Hopefully this trial will turn into a blessing - new carpet and floors - maybe new cabinets. We love ya
Post a Comment